Internship is a period of time during which students work for a company or organization in order to get experience of a particular type of work. International class students are expected to have their internship abroad or in a multinational company either Indonesian based company or Foreign based company. The length of internship is from 6 weeks up to 3 months.
Internship program in multinational companies has several purposes and benefits as following:
- To apply the theory that the students learn in campus activities.
- To gain work experience in the real life globally.
- To get to know the atmosphere and bureaucracy in practice.
- To train and apply the academic skills that the students learn.
- To improve academic achievement both in theory and practice.
- To develop the students’ confidence and collaboration skills.
- Preparing students before they go into real work.
- Building students character such as being discipline, responsible for themselves and for others.
- Improving students’ motivation and achievement.
- Creating students’ independence at work.
Internship Requirement and Procedure for Economics and Business Faculty
- Before doing the internship
- The student should input internship subject based on their own guardian lecturer (dosen wali)
- The student must have reached (passed) 90 credits
- GPA should be at least 2.00
- The student input the subject in the beginning of semester 6 in accordance with the code of guardian lecturer
- The student contact the company to know the opportunity
- The student fills out the internship application to be signed by guardian lecturer
- The student then gives the form to the secretariat and gets a letter for the company
- The company approves the internship request
- The approval is shown to secretariat, then the student gets the letter of assignment from secretariat
- During and After The Internship
- The student does the internship
- The student must meet regularly at least once with guardian lecturer before doing the internship
- The student must do the internship at least 30 working days
- The student must report to the guardian lecturer during his/her internship
- The student must make a report of his/her internship
- The student consults with with guardian lecturer
- The student submits the internship document to secretariat
- The student uploads the internship report approved by guardian lecturer in i-gracias maximum 30 days after the internship
- The guardian lecturer inputs the grade /score
- If the student does not upload the document after 30 days he/she finished the internship, the internship is considered failed.
Internship Requirement and Procedure for Industrial Engineering
- The student has the minimum GPA of 2.00.
- The student must have microsoft office skills.
- The internship period must not be longer than 3 months.
- The student should consult with his/her guardian lecturer (dosen wali) regarding the detail of the internship.